Medita Clinic in Tartu
Sexual health Advisory Center
Tartu mnt 16
entrance by Rävala pst
Gynaecology, Urology, Vascular surgery , Genergal surgery, Neurosurgery and Orthopaedy
Registration desk 17101
The registration desk is open
Genetic risk test for breast cancer (AnteBC)
What does AnteBC test include?
- analyzes of 2803 genetic variants associated with breast cancer;
- individual polygenic risk score for breast cancer;
- the individual risk of breast cancer compared to the rest of the female population;
- likelihood to get breast cancer in 10 years and risk assessment compared to a woman with average genetic risk;
- interpretation of the test results with clinical recommendations.
- AnteBC test is not used to diagnose breast cancer;
- AnteBC test is not validated for use by individuals of non-European descent;
- an elevated risk estimated by the AnteBC test does not mean that you will develop breast cancer during their lifetime. Also, a moderate or lower risk does not mean that the probability of developing the diseases is zero;
- AnteBC test does not assess the risk of your family and relatives, i.e. polygenic risk score-based disease risks may not be transmitted directly from parents to children;
- AnteBC test does not analyze rare pathogenic mutations in genes that significantly increase the risk of breast cancer, such as BRCA1, BRCA2, CHEK2, PALB2, ATM, TP53, CDH1, STK11, and others;
- AnteBC test is based on the most up-to-date scientific data, which may, however, be supplemented and changed in the future as additional information becomes available. The field of genetics is constantly evolving, which may lead to changes in risk assessments over time, as well as changes in test selection recommendations and clinical recommendations based on test results;
- different polygenic risk scores predicting risks of the same trait may give different estimates of the individual’s risks due to differences in the genetic variants included in the models and their weights;
- the results of this test should be applied in context with other relevant clinical data. In addition to the possible genetic predisposition, other risk factors also influence the risk of breast cancer.
The price for the test at the Medita Clinic is 170 euros.
Testing is offered in collaboration with the Antegenes laboratory.